Corsets or waist trainers have long been associated with Victorian era, where women were obsessed with tiny waists. Nowadays, waist trainers are making a huge comeback at the scene, thanks to Hollywood celebs who we often see Instagraming themselves while sporting one. For fashion or for waist training, more and more women are seeing the importance of owning the best waist trainer. This is very true, especially for plus size women wanting to hide unwanted curves whenever they want to don sexy outfits or simply want to look slimmer for an upcoming event. But, with the wide array of brands and styles out there, which one do you choose?
Corset HistoryBefore we list down the top waist trainers for plus size women, let’s get to know the roots of corset more. As early as 1700 BC, articles of clothing are said to act as corsets back in the olden days. Back in 19th and 20th centuries, corsets were made out of stiff fabrics and then reinforced with boning a few years later. At that time, boning were made from actual bones… Of animals, of course. These days, real bones are replaced by spring steel, spiral steel, or plastic. But regardless of materials used, still the primary purpose of corsets remain the same – to cinch the waist and give it a more flattering shape.
Our Top PicksBelow, we list down the best waist trainers for women who belong to the plus size category.
- TNT Pro Series Belt doesn’t drench you with sweat and harmful microorganisms with every use. One of the distinguishing attributes of this belt is the use of stitches instead of glue. Because of this, it has become more comfortable for wearing and tough enough to withstand abuse of everyday use. Plus size or not, it provides wide coverage for the whole stomach area, preventing bulges from piling up from above and below the waist trainer.
- Yet another brand that offers a wide range of waist trainer sizes for plus size women is the Lover-Beauty Latex Corset. Made from a strong combination of 96% cotton and 4% spandex, it does not only cinch your waist, it also keeps your posture in good standing due to its 4-pc spiral steel bones. The good thing about spiral steel is that it is soft as plastic, yet bends easily and gets back to original shape very quickly. It also boasts 3 rows of hooks, allowing more adjustments when necessary.
- Probably the most unique entry to our list is the Charmian Latex Vest Waist Cincher. Available in wide range of sizes, patterns, and colors, the product is crafted from polyester, and made more durable with spiral steel boning. Fit or not, you can always adjust this waist cincher according to your liking through its 3-row hooks. In the gym, underneath your outfits, or during yoga classes, the Charmian Waist Cincher is a great waist training product that’s definitely worth a try.
WHAT ARE TRAINING CORSETS?These are reliable and durable products that help women to achieve a slimmer look. Some of us may have watched scenes from movies of young women grasping tightly while the laces of the corset are being pulled tighter and tighter until her waist measured 18 inches or less. It is more than just an undergarment; it offers support and lends confidence.
PROS AND CONS OF WAIST TRAINING
- Waist training products like corsets can help you achieve the appearance of a slimmer waist
- Can improve posture
- Provides back support
- Can help tighten your skin
- Can cause trouble in breathing
- Could weaken the muscles that might lead to muscle atrophy, if done too much and improperly.
- There’s a chance that it will reshape your bones.
WHY USE WAIST TRAINING CORSETS AFTER PREGNANCY?Pregnancy can make your belly muscles weaker and supple; you must know this if you’ve already given birth. Using a training corset can help in providing more support and firming to your core muscles after you gave birth. Aside from the benefit of having a slimmer look, the most important effect of wearing training corsets is that you mentally feel more attractive and better after giving birth. Although you haven’t lost all the pounds you gain during pregnancy, being able to fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes will make you feel like you already did.
HOW SOON DO YOU NEED TO WEAR A TRAINING CORSET TO SEE RESULTS?This depends. In fact, most hospitals provide you a binder if you had a C-section to help in faster recovery. Celebrities like Jessica Alba have revealed that she wore corsets after every giving birth to her four daughters. ‘I wore a double corset day and night for three months’ Ms Alba said. ‘It was brutal’ it’s not for everyone. It was sweaty, but worth it.’ After a week or two after giving birth, most women will notice might notice a slimmer appearance but that they still have baby belly”. Wearing a training corset will make your stomach flat faster and after 4 weeks of straight use, you may not even notice it anymore. You should try wearing your corset for at least two months after giving birth to achieve full results. Just remember that every woman is different; some may heal faster than others. Above all, if your corset gives you pain, stop using it and consult your doctor first. Curious about the results? See for yourself waist cincher before and after!
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CORSETS AND WAIST CINCHERSIn the corsetry industry, “waist cinchers” are genuine corsets, but are shorter than a full underbust corset. Waist cinchers are just a different type of corset. This causes a lot of confusion. However, waist cincher has been associated by some people with latex/ rubber elastic types that reduces only 1-2 in. on your waist and are not breathable. Corset cinchers or “waist cinchers” are shorter than corsets so we would not recommend it for post partum. However, for short women waist cinchers might just work as it will cover up to their hips. To help you in searching, we have laid out a few great waist training corsets in the market.
BEST WAIST TRAINING CORSETS REVIEWbest cheap waist trainers of 2017.
What is a Corset Waist?Corset waist is just another term for small waist or an hourglass figure. Corsets have been associated with tiny waists as it gradually reduces the natural waist size by wearing it on a regular basis. If you are trying to achieve a small waist or just wanting to get rid of a few inches off that rounded belly, you should consider waist training or for corset users, corseting.
Can I achieve a Corset waist without wearing Corset?Yes, with appropriate exercise. Keep in mind that getting a small waist needs a combination of healthy body weight, strength training for the whole body and a healthy diet. Below are few exercises to help you achieve a small waist. Check out corset training before and after results here. Note: Not all exercises are fit for everyone. Before trying a new exercise consider factors such as strength, flexibility and overall health to know whether each exercise is appropriate for you.
To get a corset waist do the following exercises every day.
- Jumping Oblique Twist for 1 minute: This exercise will pump up your heart while focusing on your love handles.
- 15 repetitions of Pilates Side Plank with Leg Raise: This exercise is known for shaping long, lean muscles while developing body strength.
- 15 repetitions of Windshield Wiper: This ab routine will flatten your belly and can aid your lower back pain too.
- Lateral Jumps for 1 Minute: This exercise will strengthen your legs, especially your bottom and hamstrings.